Projects needing land improvements are costly and time consuming. Having a good plan in place before any construction begins is often required for local government approvals and also ensures that your project will be built correctly the first time. If you need an experienced hand in planning your project, please give us a call.
Specific Services Offered
- Land Use Planning – Clients with land requiring zoning or land use modifications will need to submit plans and applications to the local planning department for approval. This action often triggers many other required state and federal approvals. We can help you strategize how your development goals can be achieved with the least amount of regulatory red tape.
- Site Planning – If you have a property that needs improvements, we are happy to assist you with preparing site plans and designs that meet your objectives, as well as processing any approvals you may need.
- Sustainability – We understand that resources are limited and try to incorporate strategies into all of our plans that conserve money, time, energy, water, and natural habitats. If you have a more specific need to develop a sustainability plan for your project, let us know.
- Habitat Mitigation & Monitoring – We are experienced in assisting with onsite habitat creation, enhancement, or restoration, monitoring plans, and coordinating mitigation bank credit purchases.
- Habitat Conservation Plans (HCP) – Incidental take permits for endangered species may require a habitat conservation plan for your property, which protects any remaining habitat.
- Conservation Easements – Obtaining permits or other approvals for your property may necessitate the creation of conservation easements that restrict development or use of sensitive areas.
- Open Space Management Plans – Easements or open space parcels may be required to have a management plan in place that ensures these areas are maintained and monitored in the future.
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Mapping & Analyses – Collecting information on your property can often be streamlined with the use of GIS technology. We are well-versed in collecting data using a Global Positioning System (GPS) device and synthesizing this information into useable maps, designs, tables, and reports to help you with your project.
- Carbon Emission Reduction and Mitigation – Carbon emission associated with land development is becoming a driver in the regulatory process. We can guide you to a low carbon impact.
- Resource Management – Use of recycled and grey water is rapidly becoming the new standard. In addition, soil sequestration of carbon through organic waste capture and recycling needs to be considered to meet regulatory objectives.